Sunday, January 29, 2012

Interactions

It has been said, a single pebble dropped into a still pond will change its entire surface.        
I ruminated over that...
I stood looking at the pond.  Watched the suns reflected light outline the trees at waters edge.
A single stone lifted above that crystal face. 
I saw an arm mirrored perfectly there, and watched as fingers slowly opened. 
One sound...stone meeting water.
The light moved in resounding waves as an earthquake shook the trees, first violently then slowly as if dancing a waltz. 
Beneath the glass like facade, in depths I could not see, the stone plunged further still. 
Then settling at last on the bottom, it sent up an echoing wash of mud and silt. 
The arm moved back to my side and stillness returned. 
I walked away, the pond remained. 
Both appeared to be the same, both it and me....forever changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment