Friday, September 2, 2011

The year of me

I know there is currently no one reading my blog...and in a way I love that and hope to always write as though no one is reading. Today I would like to announce to no one...that this is the year of me. Now, all of those zero people who are reading this and know me personally may be shocked at that statement and be thinking, "what? so your going to be a selfish jerk this year and forget all of the wonderful things you should do for others?" let me calm your fears. I will not ignore my tasks and duties this year, and I will continue to embrace being the loving and giving person that I truly enjoy being, but there are a few changes coming as well.

I have come to the realization that I don't do much to explore what makes me tick as a human being. I do and give because I care for those around me and because I firmly believe I should. But what do I love for just me alone and no one else? I don't know.... I can't even ask someone out on a simple date for fear that it might upset them or someone else. What a retarded way to live. So, starting today (September 2, 2011) I will be taking all of the no one's reading my blog on a daily journey of exploration. Don't get too heated, I will not be doing anything immoral or illegal in any way, but I will be making changes and taking risks I have been too afraid, lazy or unsure to do before. And I have already started. ;)

Today I deactivated my facebook account. I'm tired of using it and tired of it being used as a way for distant acquaintances to dig through the details of my life that only dear friends would or should know without it. If you know me and are dear to me, we will not lose contact. If you don't know me and are distant to me we will remain in a natural state of general acquaintance. I feel crazy liberated and free. Several months back I had deactivated the account and LOVED it, but was convinced by my family to open the account again. Ever since, I have been sorry I did so. This time it is permanent. Goodbye internet ball and chain!!

For my second act of the day I will be asking a friend out on a fun, light hearted date. I have always looked at dating as an approach to potential relationship, marriage. I don't know if I'm cut out for 'fun' dating, but I'm going to give it a whirl and let you know how it works out. (every awesome, sad and embarrassing detail) And, unlike facebook, since I know no one is following what I write I know you won't shove your nose where it doesn't belong, so to speak. Okay, I'm off to try out a random date.....I'll get back with you on how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm not a zero! :)

    I love you Laura and I love what this blog is about. This post means a lot to me. First, because I remember the day I decided to figure out what really makes me tick as a human. . .and my life has never been the same! It's been so much greater than I could have ever imagined. I am excited for you!!

    Also, something you said: I am going to write as if no one is reading. Wow. I have recently failed to post things for fear of offending, when really I needed to post about the subjet matter...pretty ironic for a girl who doesn't believe in censorship! So, I am going to make a better effort to write as though no one is reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we'll see how well I can keep that up too as time goes by. ;)

    ReplyDelete